Is there a baby carrier for a 1yr old? My cousin's having troubles in carrying her child (who weights 10kg now) anywhere all by herself and thought that a carrier would be handy than a bulky stroller. Any suggestions?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will suggest ergobaby 360 which is ergonomically designed to allow front carrying and front facing. When baby is one year old, they will like to be carried facing front so that they can look around and explore their surrounding. Ergobaby 360 has a weight limit of 15kg or up to age of 3 years old. You can get it from Kiddy palace. Attached photo of me with my baby in ergobaby 360. I also suggest hip support or hip seat carrier such as Hipster which you can put your baby to sit on it to support the weight while carrying him or her. Hipster can carry up to 18kg. You can get it from Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/MiaMily-Baby-Carrier-HIPSTER-Ergonomic/dp/B00MT2O95Y#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1455196673239

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

If the child can walk steadily unaided and has completed his spinal development, a hipseat can be safely used. If a hipseat carrier is used before that, it may adversely affect the baby's spinal development. As a hipseat is not an ergonomic carrier, the mother may feel some discomfort carrying the child after some time. Tula is a popular brand, but there are many brands and carriers which are suitable. There's LennyLamb, which I personally love because all its soft structured carriers are woven wrap conversions. Kokadi Flip, emeibaby and Manduca are brands you can consider as well. Apart from Baby Slings & Carriers, you can also try out baby carriers at Bumwear, located at Marina Square.

Read more
Post reply image
VIP Member

I would go for the Tula toddler. the material is soft, spacious and comfy esp for bigger and heavier toddler. Ask your cousin to go down to Baby Slings and Carriers (http://www.babyslingsandcarriers.com/contact) and try on a Tula toddler, and see how they like it. Baby Slings and Carriers charges a $20 fee for trying 3 carriers, but the fee can be offset if you purchase from them.

Read more
VIP Member

Thanks a lot Roshni for the suggestion! I bet my cousin will love it - the ambiance of the showroom itself, the price and the designs of the carrier :)

VIP Member

Thanks mummies for the suggestions! I really appreciate them! :)

thanks