Is it okay to leave a sleeping baby at home while you run out for a quick errand nearby?

294 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No no. please dont, even if the baby is very young. To the adults, its a quick errand but to the babies, it is a world of time. What if a fire break out suddenly etc? A baby will be so helpless in such a situation and its definitely too late for regrets. For household consumables & groceries, either order them online to be entitled for free delivery or get them once a week on the weekends or after work if u are working. If really run out of food or ingredients to whip up a meal, ditch that & opt for meal delivery instead. At least u can have the piece of mind that your little one is safe and sound. They are too precious.

Read more

This morning I came across an article on this topic and perhaps you can read up more from here: http://sg.theasianparent.com/ever-okay-leave-baby-home-alone/?utm_content=buffer8b3ab&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer There is a suggestion mentioned in the article: "One dad from Singapore offered a more practical solution: “I find that I can run 80% of errand online nowadays (in Singapore), anything from grocery to lunch to getting things mailed. Maybe try to see if there are online solutions?”

Read more

no way. especially for young kids or babies. you never know what will happen in next min. although i do left my child (either 6yo or 4yo, right age to understand me) at home for short 3 mins, i make sure i open the door and close all windows, tell them i am going down awhile (as the child refused to follow me) so that i can make a quick run to school (downstair only as i stay level 2) to send my other child there. confirm there is a risk as i really got no choice.

Read more

You should never leave your baby alone! In the rush of life, we sometimes get a sense of false security if we take a risk for a brief moment, things will be okay. Leaving your baby alone is a too big risk to take. Anything can happen! Sometimes I leave my baby girl in her pack-n-play (like the ones listed here: https://www.best-pack-n-play.com/top-8-best-playards-changing-table/) while I'm cleaning the room or cooking. Don't know any better option.

Read more

no. back in 1989 my dad once left my sister who was 5months old for like 10mins because he had to pick my mother from work. they were using bike and it was raining.(too poor to get a car at that time) noone could look after her as they were no neighbour at where they were staying. my sister at that time was sleeping.. when they got home he found her under the table in tears and almost no more voice from all that crying. thank god anything bad ever happened.

Read more

Personally I wouldn't do it. Anything can happen and I've heard too many stories of kids getting hurt because they were left alone for a while. A short while in an adult's world can mean a long time in a child's point of view. I'd get someone I trust, maybe a family member, neighbour or friend who lives close by to watch over baby. Alternatively I'd just wait for the child to wake up. No errand can be more important than baby's safety right?

Read more

Opportunity to invest and gain amazing profit from home, invest $200 and gain $2,500 within 96 hours time No hidden fee 100% NO Span $300 to get $3,500 $400 to get $4,500 $500 to get $5,500 $1000 to get $10,900 $2000 to get $21500 $3000 to get $33000 All in 24 hours payment made directly to your BITCOIN WALLET, WESTERN UNION, OR DIRECT TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT. Inbox me now for more details or infor me on WhatsApp : +1415-492-7878

Read more

I would never leave the house when baby alone. I even don't close the door from bathroom because I'm afraid for some reason, door would lock and I couldn't go to my baby. The same for the front door, I would go out to get parcel but not close them or go out with phone and keys. I just think is maybe silly but small and big bad things happen when you think that this time should be fine? Better not try your luck.

Read more

NOT OK! Never ever leave the house without your baby even though they are sleeping. You never know when they will wake up suddenly. And if they happen to wake up the moment you just step out, nobody can imagine the harm they might cause to themselves. Eg. Covering the face with blanket or pillows and suffocate themselves, turning and fall off the bed ètc.

Read more

A big no. Anything could happen in a split second. I remember one time I put a DIY headband on my 2month old LO. she was sleeping soundly when I tried to put it on. Left it on her head to check my laundry when I get back after not more than 10secs the band was already covering her face! she looked cute tho looking like a pirate but it could have been worse...

Read more