New born not sleeping

My infant is not sleeping when I placed her at her cot. She will start crying once I put her down.. any idea how to make the crying stop?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Maybe you can try these methods. Swaddle and pat lightly. If it doesn't work, swaddle and you carry her. Once she's drowsy (not fully asleep), place her in the cot and pat. If putting her down when she's drowsy doesn't work also, try when she's full asleep in your arms. Keep trying mummy, you can do this. šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

Read more

My newborn hates the cot too haha. If you wanna try the cot, swaddle and soothe on arms, then on some white noise. After she sleep, lay her in cot, leave the white noise on. Might take some time since everything to her is rather new and sheā€™s still trying to adapt the ā€œoutsideā€ world.

1y ago

White noise can be noises like hairdryer, rain, vacuum and even crowded places where there are lots of different voices talking. White noise are similar to what our babies hear while in our tummy. Search white noise for baby on YouTube, hopefully it works for your bb! šŸ˜Š