Can I run?

In my first trimester, can I run?

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you been running before you were pregnant then you can continue. Make sure you do not have any complications during your pregnancy. Do chevk w ur gynae. Excercise throughout your pregnancy will help maintain good stamina..you need a good stamina during labour. ☺️

I did throughout both my pregnancies, but after getting the green light from my gynae. When I got to heavy towards the end, I did cycling on the stationery bike instead. Way to go, fit mama!

Better not.. Try do other type of less vigorous exercise like yoga stretching or light swimming. Seek advice from your gynae, he/she knows your body condition best

Stopped on my 1st tri since the doctor asked to, back a little bit on my second tri but nearing my 3rd tri, Feeling so heavy so I am brisk walking instead.

I will avoid running & my gynae also against the idea of me run while pregnant. But I think best is you consult with your gynae. 🙂🙂

VIP Member

If you have been running regularly pre-pregnancy, it is fine. But I would suggest that you seek your gynae’s advice on this.

Super Mum

Depends. If you have already been doing it before pregnancy and body is still fit then it's fine.

VIP Member

Nope. You have to be extra careful with food and activities on the first trimester

Hi, I think better to avoid running but please also check with your gynae on this

VIP Member

Best to consult your gynaecologist...