Lower body aching

I'm at Week 19 now, and I'm having quite a bit of pain on my lower body. Sleeping on the sides have caused my hips and part of my ribs to hurt through the night. I often feel tired so I sit a lot throughout the day. But now my buttocks hurt, my hips hurt, my lower back hurts and standing up to walk more tires me to no end. A soft cushion isn't really helping either. Does anyone have any solution or advise from this?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

During pregnancy, it's common for women to experience lower body aches and pains due to the changes happening in the body. Here are some solutions and advice to help alleviate the discomfort you're feeling: 1. **Proper Sleep Position:** Try using a pregnancy pillow to support your body while sleeping. Sleeping on your side with a pillow between your legs can help relieve pressure on your hips and lower back. 2. **Stay Active:** Gentle exercises like prenatal yoga or swimming can help strengthen your muscles and improve circulation, which may alleviate some of the pain. 3. **Supportive Footwear:** Wearing supportive shoes with good arch support can help reduce lower body pain and discomfort. 4. **Regular Stretching:** Gentle stretching exercises for the hips and lower back can help relieve tension and improve flexibility. 5. **Pelvic Support Belt:** Consider using a maternity support belt to provide additional support to your lower back and abdomen. 6. **Warm Baths:** Taking a warm bath or using a heating pad on your lower back can help relax tense muscles and reduce pain. 7. **Consult Your Healthcare Provider:** If the pain persists or becomes severe, it's essential to consult your healthcare provider. They may recommend physical therapy or other interventions to help manage your discomfort. Remember, every pregnancy is different, so it's essential to listen to your body and seek professional advice if you're experiencing significant pain. Take care of yourself and prioritize your well-being during this special time. https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

In addition to the suggestions, I found changing the way you sit so that pressure is not on the tailbone helped me a lot. Simply lean slightly forward when sitting. I was placed on a no exercise Dr's order due to issues in pregnancy and these aches and pains were a daily. Use more comfortably firm (but not too hard) pillows to angle your hips/legs/arms/neck during sleep - you can find instructional videos on YouTube. It helped me more than the U shape pillow because I can adjust it myself. Occasionally, I apply a warm water bottle to relieve/distract the pain area a little. Hopes this helps!

Read more

Sadly there's no remedy for that, pregnancy is tough with all sorts of weird pain. What I do occasionally is be on the bed with all fours and sway my hips left and right to relieve hip pain, lower back pain and tailbone pain. Try to walk a little as well, but don't overdo it. I also have a U-shaped pregnancy pillow to help me sleep on my left side and it helps a lot. All the best to you, I'm still struggling in my third trimester hahaha 🥲

Read more
3mo ago

This is what I usually do as well, it kinda helps. My ribs hurt a lot whenever I sleep on my left side, so I'm usually at my right (which caused my hands and feet to swell up even more 😅😅). Maternity pillows help a lot. Stretching and strengthening your pelvis in the morning and before going to sleep should also. I'm 36w&1d now, almost at the finish line. We can do this mumsy!

I’m at week 24 + 3 now, and imho, exercise and staying active really does help! There are plenty of prenatal workout videos on YouTube, so you can pick one to suit your physical capabilities. Focusing more on the core, back, glutes, and thighs will do the trick. It makes your body stronger and helps you be better prepared for birth 👍🏼 lots of stretching during cool down is important as well. Good luck!

Read more

I sleep On my back for 4 to 5 hrs every night. So far ok... Gynae says OK..

TapFluencer

regular stretching and support belt perhaps? all the best 🙏💕

💕

💕

💕

💕