money issues

hi im under sub kkh and unmarried. may i know what will happen if on the day of my delivery, i do not have enough medisave for the predelivery cost and also no extra cash to pay on the spot? will they deny us? baby's dad just got a full time job after months of searching and wont be able to get his pay by the time of my delivery. what we have now is only survival money day by day and for baby emergency. he actually has more than enough medisave to cover all cost but we're unmarried. so im aware i cant use his medisave. am i right?

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi dear, the next time you see your gynae, ask for a referral to see the medical social worker for financial assistance. If you don’t get to see the MSW in time, you can make the request when you’re in the hospital too. They won’t turn you away ok? Is there anything else that you need in preparation for this baby?

Read more
5y ago

i dont think i have enough time for msw if they need to assess me before delivery as my next appt is 2 days before my edd. didnt have much appt as everything was ok. im only afraid that they dowan to entertain last min request :/ but I shall try :) on baby preps, we managed to buy slowly thru online and some blessings from a friend. im young mummy so i dont have alot of mummy friends 😅we only left few more items to buy. all is well hahah :') hope all these can last for at least baby 1st month, till my partner's pay is in 😅 thankyou for the reply ❤️😘🥰