hi i'm taking contraceptive pills when my husband is here and then i stop it when he's onboard.. is it OK? is it safe ?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No, this is not how you take the contraceptive pill. Has your doctor not explained it to you? You need to take them consistently for the whole month. If you miss a pill in 24 hours, they are ineffective. Speak to your doctor asap and ask them to explain how the pill works. Make sure you use other protection in the meantime if you don't want to get pregnant.

Read more

Better to talk to your OB so she can discuss family planning thoroughly. As per my OB, it's better not to stop since you will be more prone to getting pregnant. Consistency is the key. May I also suggest that you take the injection instead that is good for 3 months. It is only around 500 pesos. :) talk to your OB about it! It is safer and more convenient. :)

Read more
8y ago

OK thank u ^^

Hi Mummy Aubrey, I used to take contraceptive pills for 2 years. My doctor kept reminding me that you must complete the full monthly course to have total protection against pregnancy. I have friend who missed out a few days pill and gotten pregnant on the follow month. Better be safe for this:)

Read more

I don't think so. Birth control pills, if its purpose is for contraception, should be taken consistently and at the same time.