I'm a stay-at-home mom; what are some things I can do to engage and further my intellect?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can read different authors if writing interests you. You can enrol yourself in some online course and add to your skills. Sit and think what you like to the most, what you are passionate about and you can pursue doing that. It is never too late for anything, so don't let anything stop you. I too am a stay at home mom, and it was so difficult to get out of this zone. But recently with the help of my friend's motivation I learned swimming. And learning a new thing boosts your confidence, gives you self-worth. So, all I meant is, try new things, come out of your comfort zone and challenge yourself.

Read more

Hi mommy, there's actually a lot that you can do if you can spend a few hours each day. Depending on what your interests are, you could start writing a blog, or put up a photography blog, could enroll as a language tutor online, could sign up for some international degrees that are available online, or attend some workshops that are short and yet powerfully intellectual. There's a lot more that you can do, just plan out your area of interest first and then get started on it. All the best.

Read more

Just revive something that you were keen on doing but didn't have the time to. Like I started with blogging and freelance writing. It honed my writing skills. There are so many things that can be done. You can take up learning a new language or instrument, singing, writing. If you are inclined towards art and craft, then take up embroidery, stitching, painting..

Read more