Maternity insurance. 5 or 10 k coverage?

I’m planning to get maternity insurance from GE but not too sure which coverage to go for. 5k sum assured is $398 10k sun assured is $678 Any advice?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I've gotten manulife one. cause of the mental illness coverage which I thought is good aspect of coverage since its almost the same cost anyway. one thing good about maternity (personal take), I can get the life policy done for my LO in case touch wood of any cogential illness... One time cost for 3-4 years quite worth it...

Read more

My agent tell me to get the cheapest because the main thing about maternity insurance is that baby is covered right from birth, not really about the sum assured. But eventually I didn't get maternity insurance, will buy when baby is born 😊

Hmmm, if you are going for private hospital, I would suggest a higher coverage because Medisave only covered b/c wards. That’s what I did, I gotten 10k limit from GE

Decided with 5k coverage eventually since most things are pretty hard to claim and main purpose was for guaranteed issuance for the LO!

In terms of dollar to dollar, $10k sum assured seems better. Ultimately, go for what’s within your budget and means :)

$5k will do. Hospitalization plan has better coverage. The one you pay using medishield.

VIP Member

i gotten AIA. the coverage is better. and get the $5k one for myself.

1y ago

one time payment covers for 3 years mom n baby ?

Hospitalisation plan is way better