Husband refuses to be vaccinated

I’m 26 weeks pregnant and am worried everyday. My husband refuses to be vaccinated and he goes out to work meeting people everyday. He doesn’t believe anything on the news and says it’s propaganda 🤦🏻‍♀️ he believes the vaccine is the virus and sees no point since people still get infected. He discourages me from getting vaccinated while pregnant as it might harm the baby. Everyday I’m living in anxiety worried he might get infected (touch wood) and bring the virus home. I’m living with my parents who are fully vaccinated. My parents are worried about me but every time I approach this subject with my husband he gets angry and asks me to stop it. He’s just so stubborn I cannot take it 😢😠 Sorry for the long post. Just needed to rant. Idk what to do anymore 🥺 #advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Me and husband used to be anti vaxxers too. However our views changed over time partly because of more and more proven scientific data (we purposely try getting jab as late as we could…) plus there are more social restrictions for those unvaccinated which becomes a disadvantage for us, including travelling. The last straw was when government announce Covid resilient and not zero Covid policy. You won’t know whether one will carry home the virus and infect you, because symptoms are not obvious. Will suggest you do what is best for you and baby, even if that means upsetting your husband. Unfortunately there is no middle ground as he seems very firm about not taking jab. Taking jab is a personal decision so rightfully he shouldn’t influence or emotionally blackmail you for taking it! That’s not right at all. Lastly, do try to get jab before you get too near to labor date. Just to ensure you are fully vaccinated :)

Read more
3y ago

Thank you so much for sharing! ❤️ I’ll def consider getting vaxxed soon. Will talk to my gynae next week!

I think what is most important is that he understands the dangers of passing the virus to a pregnant woman, and is careful with hygiene. Even if he is vaccinated he can still pass you the virus, the vaccine protects him from serious disease but does not prevent transmission. Please make sure he washes his hands and wears his mask properly, and be on the alert that he is the risk factor in the family.

Read more
3y ago

Yes, agree that hygiene is very important. Thank you for sharing! ❤️