which month shall stop eating folid acid

I'm in 14 weeks now. Shall I continue eating folid acid?

32 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my gynae did not ask me to stop folic acid at all, I had folic acid everyday for my first pregnancy. all good and baby is healthy. did not take any other supplements as well, gynae says as long as I'm eating a variety of food, there's no need for supplements. 2nd pregnancy now and same gynae. practicing the same thing. so far all ok.

Read more

To top off Hazirah's reply, u should also take pre-natal DHA fish oil besides the multi-vitamins that doctor prescribed. Gynae told me that your first child usually will have everything it needs hence what you have to do is to just have a healthy and balanced diet..

I was advised by doctor that i can stop folic acid at week 12. Anyway, there is also a small amount of folic acid in the new obimin multivitamin which was prescribed to me to take from week 12 onwards.

at 12 weeks appointment, i asked my gynae if i should stop my folic acid but he just told me to finish them since i have more than 2 months of supplies and its safe to take with my obimin, calcium and iron pills since im having twins. Do consult your gynae on your next appointment.

Best to check with your gynae. My doctor hasn’t advised me to stop yet. I am at 14 weeks now too and intend to take till she tells me otherwise :)

In my case, i didn't take folic acid during my first tri. I don't know why, but she prescribes me vitamins only and milk. And I'm 14 weeks now.

Currently at 14 weeks , pwede ko po bang ituloy ang pagtake ng folic acid kahit may prescribed na multivitamins na si OB?..

My ob/gyn stopped my folic acid after 12th week, and started me on DHA (fish oil) and calcium pills (I’m lactose intolerant).

After first trimester, my gynae change to multi vitamin and fish oil instead. I also ask for calcium pill since I don’t take milk.

3y ago

Same!

Same po, 14 weeks, nagprescribe si doc ng new vit. pero ok lang din na ubusin ko muna ung folic acid sabi nya.