I'm going through a divorce and have a 1 year old son who is still breastfeeding. My husband just told me he wants the custody of my son when he cannot even make clever decisions for him. To him, spending time with his son means lying in bed together and playing iPad / watching YouTube. Do note my husband makes terrible plans and has bad manners such as eating loudly in public and is very lazy. After marriage he gained 20kg due to his lazines within 1 year. The only thing is, he has a high income. He say he will fight with me in court. I am planning to get a full time job and hire a helper to take care of my son so i can take care of us financially. What are my chances of getting full custody?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

normally custody will be given to mother if the child is under age of 7. unless there is major fault on the mom.. just being nosy, divorce is simple for adults life goes on but for a kid can be really damaging for their growth. look not the present but why you actually be with him in the first place. did he change or did you change too. and if really divorce you also shouldn't be bad mouth your husband honestly it does not serve you any good and it might be use against you. just food for thought.

Read more