Secondhand items

I’m a FTM and was wondering what kind of secondhand items you mums would be okay with? While I would like to save money on certain items, hygiene issues do come to mind. Eg, strollers, baby cots

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmmm I dun really take from strangers but from close friends or family only. Cos I’ll know their hygiene and their children personally so I’m more at ease using their stuffs. Nonetheless, when i brought them home, will do another round of disinfection or wipe down... i think being parents themselves, they are also mindful not to just dump all their stuffs on you. Usually they will hand me down their personal stuffs and not stuffs which they received from others also. Otherwise if I’m unsure, I’ll rather buy new ones

Read more
3y ago

Do not take secondhand car seat because of safety issues

I m also a ftm here. Personally do not like 2nd hand items and husband also. I m more afraid the previous person's house got bed bugs etc 😂 n also with covid, all the more i m not keen to take in baby cots and car seat etc. Even clothes i also not keen...

I wouldn't mind clothes, car seat or stroller IF they're frm ppl I trust. There's a carseat/stroller washing service now which you can send to. For wooden cot, it shld be ok, just have to wipe and disinfect, and buy ur own mattress.

I have clothes handed down from relatives, just make sure you give them a good wash to disinfect and clean them.

Don’t take car seats for safety reasons. Other items are fine for me after washing/disinfection myself.

Car seats, baby cots and Soft toys are a no no for me