Any dishes or recipes to recommend? 1st trimester mum

I'm a first time mum in my first trimester and i find it hard to find any food that is palatable. The changing hormones makes any green vegetables and meat taste and/or smell too disgusting. These days I usually only can stomach carbs (bread) and sweet things but it's really getting tiring and feels so unhealthy. Appreciate if anyone has any recipes or dishes to recommend!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It’s normal to have food aversion in your 1st trimester and beside during the 1st trimester, you don’t need to eat that much coz your baby doesn’t need the nutrients that you’re consuming yet. Only at 2nd trimester onwards then your baby will be taking the nutrients from you. Hope this helps! Just eat oats, fruits, plain crackers, nuts and berries will be sufficient for your 1st trimester. You got this girl!

Read more

You’re not alone! Also a FTM in first trimester and I’m experiencing the same. Food aversion, lost of appetite and losing weight over the weeks. Just to make sure I eat I’ll turn to fruits (odd craving for kiwis), light crackers, pastries and just drink loads of water. Occasionally indulge in spicy soup just to awaken my tastebuds. Light snacks throughout the day if possible.

Read more

I had porridge, bread, cereal drinks, soups and crackers for the first tri. Had very bad food aversion too but just try to eat something. Go for something that is not too oily would definitely help a lot. Try to hydrate yourself as much as possible too. Jiayou!

I made a fruit smoothie (frozen banana pieces + blueberries + some soy milk) and it helped cos it's cold + sweet + liquid. I haven't eaten much veggies at all so the smoothie feels good cos I'm getting in some fruits. Hope it helps you too!

Campbell soup? bread? porridge? those are my easy to stomach food if nothing else feels right.