First trimester nausea

Dear mummies, I’m a first time mum in week 7 and experiencing stomach discomfort, I’m not sure if it’s acid reflux or nausea but it’s a full feeling that sometimes makes you feel hungry too. I do feel queasiness in my stomach for the most of the day. Worst of all, nausea strikes when I wake in middle of the night to pee, no vomiting and comes with hunger pangs. Did this happen to you too? Is this a combination of acid reflux + nausea? How to fight it? #pregnancy

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pregnancy increases your risk of heartburn or acid reflux. During the first trimester, muscles in your esophagus push food more slowly into the stomach and your stomach takes longer to empty. This gives your body more time to absorb nutrients for the fetus, but it can also result in heartburn.

me too! when i wake up multiple times at night, i feel nauseous and hungry - it’s not like normal hunger, feels like gastric juice biting my insides. nausea and acid reflux combi makes me feel horrible every day.. :/

hi mumma! i get that too before. what i do is i eat some crackers, drink some soy milk cos im lactose intolerant and the top off with gaviscon haha. works fine for me :) take care!

me too, had very bad reflux and nausea. you will used to it after a while. try to prepare more kind of different snacks to munch, dried nuts, soya milk,,orang peel.

Super Mum

If it’s acid reflux, try gaviscon? Or you could try soy milk that will also help with your hunger pangs 😅.

3y ago

Thank you Lena!

VIP Member

Snacks on fruits or cereals if you are hungry. Small meals in between helps too!

Drinking warm milo works for me at night. Himalayan salt candy helps too. 😉

keep it up. you will be more comfortable when close to 3rd month.