21 Weeks Scan : Small Baby

Hello, i’m a first time mum and i just had my detailed scan. At the end of the scan, the doctor said my baby is small (below the 10th percentile). The doctor said my baby’s weight is 320g. Is this normal? I’m so worried!! Mind sharing your babies weight at 21 weeks? And tips on how to help baby gain weight? I am not allergic to anything and i usually eat whatever, so i was quite shock to know that my baby is small. Expected the baby to be big (i weigh 73kg) 😣

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi! I heard eating durian helps but not sure if its some marketing gimmick by durian sellers 😂 personally, my first born was initially 10th percentile too, then fell to 5th.. Instead of having scans once a month, KKH made us check every 2-3 weeks as they fear baby was abnormal, suffer from dwarfism etc.. (Sorry, not meaning to scare u but that was what we were told..) I cried for weeks after, so worried but little we could do.. Only prayed he was alright inside.. I counted his kicks, movements diligently, every hour, just to assure myself he doing good inside 🙏🏼 The decision was made to induce immediately once we hit 37th weeks, as they felt he wasn't growing much, afraid something bad would happen.. Imagine hearing the doctor say: better induce now, scared the baby die inside.. Now he is 3, 50th percentile 😄 eats snacks like nobody's business and has a small bulging tummy even the daycare teacher jokes about it 🤣 So take it easy kaes, eat your meals and vitamins, rest well, some light exercise and try to relax and enjoy time with your baby! If u can, do count baby kicks 👌🏼

Read more
2y ago

hi.. I'm in the same situation. Next week will be my appt and after the scan will have to decide on to induce or not. do u mind sharing what was your child's wt at birth? I'm just afraid baby will be sent to nicu.