Toothache

I’m currently week 31 and having toothache. Anyway know how to relieve the pain?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Acetaminophen & paracetamol for sure. Would recommend you see your regular dentist to determine what the situation is and how to best manage it. Don’t take ibuprofen. If pain is severe, we usually get our patients to alternate pain meds every 2 hours, making sure not to go over daily dose. It is safe to do your X-rays with a lead apron over the bump, and to do initial stages of root canal or medicated fillings to try to relieve pain too. —31 week pregnant dentist

Read more
4mo ago

Same.. I still have pain after 2 weeks

VIP Member

looked this up for my wife once: its important to know the reason for the toothache. Generally dental work is preferrably done in the second trimester but if there is sever pain or indications of an infection you should definately see a dentist. Otherwise Acetaminophen/paracetamol is a painkiller that gets often recommended during pregnancy, natural remedies such as clove oil can be dangerous.

Read more
VIP Member

Drink milk two to three times a day. I didn't drink any pain reliever during my second and now third trimester, just milk to relieve the pain. Then, pag nakapagpa check up ka na, ask your doctor if she can prescribe you calcium meds.

VIP Member

You can try warm compress on your face where it's aching. For sore gums, use a cold press. I would also advise asking your dentist for safe pain reliever if it's too much too handle.

VIP Member

I actually went to see a dentist and she prescribed medicine which is safe for pregnacy because she said I could only extract my tooth after delivery, worrying about complications

5y ago

Oh! Can share your Dentist address?

VIP Member

put hot compress first and kind of avoid drinking unprescribed medicines esp. if those are pain killers. If pain is getting out of hand check with your doctors already. :)

I had the same issue a couple weeks ago too! I went to the dentist and they prescribed me painkiller that’s safe. I also did my root canal but didn’t do the x-ray.

cold ice works brush your teeth 3times a day same tayo super sakit nag cold compress lang ako sumasakit pati ulo ko

11mo ago

mag pasta ako refer ng ob dun sa teeth na sumasakit tinubuan kasi ako bago ko nabuntis ng wisdom tooth na impacted nabubunggo niya yung dalawang teeth ko sa baggang

Go to the dentist, but meanwhile you can take panadol. Remind them that you are pregnant.

VIP Member

Sensitive teeth tooth paste works for me