How early should I start looking for ifc slot?

I’m currently week 13 and I heard that ifc slot need to be booked in advanced. Besides looking out for ifc slot, is there anything else I need to know and do in advance as I am FTM here. If by any chance I do not have the luck to be able to enrol my child in time before I start work, what is my alternative solution. TIA!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can only apply at ecda 3 months before your edd. Lucky for me i suddenly got 1 last slot for my child, as all slots and the month i want to enrol is full and i need to enrol a month before. All other ifc all full. And after applying, you might want to email all the ifc stating your interest and that you have registered via ecda. Cause some will get back and ask you for more details, or get back once youve delivered for the BC. You can try private ifc, few of them still have slots, or better slots than the gov ones. But slightly higher fee. Else last choice either ask mother or in law or maid

Read more
6mo ago

Um usually thats the main route for applying for infant care or childcare from what i know. Like a preschool portal. Cs some childcare website would also route you to ecda website for registeration

Hi! I’m staying in CCK and my EDD is in Nov 2023. We are planning to send our baby in Feb/Mar 2024. Earlier in July (at 20 weeks), my hubs and I managed to find an infant care (semi-private) right in front of our place, went for the site visit and made our deposit in August! Hope this helps!

Read more

It depends on the centre! Private centres usually allow you to go for a school tour and then place your deposit if they have a slot for the month that you want. Non-private ones need to go through ecda, three months before edd cos they are usually always full to the brim.