How did you manage to get into IFC

FTM here, edd sept, those that managed to get a slot for IFC for their baby, how early did you apply interest for IFC and at which month did you send your baby? Which centre did you get ? Since we are only allowed to start registering 3 months before our edd on ecda website and by then almost all centres are either full or in 1 years’ time. 😣😣 Did you also apply interest at centres that put no vacancy or in 1 years’ time ? #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is my first time applying for IFC and I did it a month after she was born (which was a mistake) I put interested on all the schools that I wanted even those within 1 year or more through ECDA however none of the school get back to me. Then what I did was instead to try individual school website directly to try my luck for vacancy. Those with limited slot, more than 1 year, less than 1 year, etc. However, maximum of only 3 slots per school is allowed. I waited less than a month in the school I wanted but the proximity of the area was quite a distance though within same district. My LO will only be in IFC when she turns 6 months old in August. In my opinion this depends on luck, some parents register pretty much early then renew the interest/application. Some will call the school to priorities due to the urgency they needed to get the LO in. There are some parents waited more than a year and then put the child 18 month onwards instead since there are no available slots. A friend of mine applied Dec/Nov last year and got slot immediately a month after she give birth. Pretty much lucky too. Youve to constantly try and if you get a slot take it or reject or continue on waitlist. If you got in the school you wanted but far from your house, you may ask for the school to let you know for transfer in other school outlet by letting other outlet know of it.

Read more
10mo ago

Nope my LO will be in Skoolz4kids.

I registered 3 months before Edd and even thought the website says limited vacancy, it’s not confirm that they will give the slot to me. I called the Center (myfirstskool) and they ask me to register again once baby born and I told them if I register AFTER baby born… then what if the slot being taken by others? And they say the procedures are like this. So no choice after baby born, I register again and no confirmation too. So I looked for private IFC, though more costly but at least they can tell you if got vacancy or not. OH! And the private IFC quite “pushy” I feel. Bcos I call them and they said “I have to 1 slot in July, you want faster take cos I got another parent on waiting list”

Read more