Induce or Elective C-Sec at wk38?

I’m a FTM, currently in wk 32 and my baby is not in breech position. I have risk of pre eclampsia and also GD and thus my gynae wanted to induce at wk38. She explains to me the induce process & the risk that may happen during the labour that may lead to e csect. So, I’m in a dilemma whether I shld try induce or opt for elective csect (as there’s is so many “what if” that can happen during the labour). I would like to hear ur experience of induce and also ur advice . Thank you . Update: 31/5/21: I had pre eclampsia at wk34, warded for 2 weeks, induced at wk36. From induce to give birth is 12hours. I guess I was lucky. My baby is alrd 1yo now ☺️

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi whats the decision to induce u at wk36? Did your preeclampsia condition gets bad during ya the warded period?

3y ago

My pre eclampsia did not get worse. Bp is stable although it fluctuate sometimes. The doctors feels that delaying 1 more week does not make a difference to the baby (FYI: I already took the lungs jab at week34 to strengthen the lungs for baby). They are also worried that conditions may suddenly turn for the worse (since pre eclampsia can suddenly worsen), hence the induce.