food/ drinks to avoid??

i’m currently about 9 weeks and 2d pregnant, and yes there is alot of pantang things my own mom and friends that r moms have told me about. other than that there are also food i’ve been told to avoid, which most importantly are raw food, stingray (high in mercury), pineapples, and i’ve been told not to drink/ eat cold things (I really cant stick to this bc bfore i was pregnant i drink cold drinks everyday). i’m pretty confused bc i’ve seen different opinions out there bc my friend said that she eats and drinks everything (except raw food) and bb is healthy (having her 3rd kid rn) so i’m curious to know what are your opinions. thank you in advance for the advices! :-)

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I avoid raw food, high mercury fish, alcohol, non pasturized stuffs & pineapple. These are not pangtang but are backed up by science. For caffeine, I only drink it occasionally and max 200ml per day as per gynae advice. However, I also heard of people who continue to eat raw food and even people telling me their gynae says is ok to eat sashimi. It’s really up to ur comfort level . For me, I rather be safe than sorry and there’s so many food choice I can still eat. So I don’t really feel “short-changed”. What matters to me most is that my baby is healthy. All those foods can wait.

Read more
4y ago

Enjoy ur pregnancy journey :)