No weight gain during pregnancy

Im currently 23 weeks, and i find it difficult to gain weight and so far no weight gain during my pregnancy. A little worried. From 20w detailed scan doc say baby size is great and within average. Any mummies facing the same issue? Or faced the same issue and delivered a healthy baby? #FTM

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Read that we need to gain approx 0.5kg per week from week 13, and I haven't grown more than 2kg at 22 weeks (even though it looked like Ive grown so much fatter), but doctor says everything is progressing well! So I think this is likely normal~ Went back to research more, and find out that actually this weight growth does not need to be linear growth - it just means by the end of your pregnancy growth is around 13+kg (thus avg 0.5kg/wk). Heard from other pregnant friends that 3rd trimester will start exponentially growing. Not sure if this is true, but one site brokedown the weight gain into components: baby - 3.5kg womb, placenta, amniotic fluid and breasts - 4-7kg body fat - 2.5-4kg additional blood supply - 2kg total - 12-16kg At 22-23weeks baby isn't even a kilogram yet, and have a lot more to grow, same for the rest of the weight gain, that's prolly where our weight will come from in the future, so I guess no need to worry for now. 😆

Read more

I’m at my 39 weeks today. From the first appointment around 8 weeks until now, I gained a total of only 4kg. I lost about 2kg in the first trimester because my appetite was so bad. From 54kg (before pregnancy +/- 56kg), I now sometimes hit 60kg at 39 weeks. Gynae said baby is healthy and amniotic fluid is stable and enough nevertheless. Baby is also is in a good size and weight (between 2.7kg to 3kg). As long as you’re healthy, baby is healthy, I think this can happen for some people. Maybe you’re just very active and always on the go. Eat healthy! (:

Read more

For my first pregnancy I was gaining too much weight i think about 19kg. And then for my second pregnancy I wasn’t gaining much weight instead is my baby that is gaining weight fast until my gynae scare I have GD, but luckily i don’t have it. Haha. Both baby delivered at 38 weeks plus with the weight of 3.2 and 3.3 respectively. So if your baby is gaining weight and everything’s ok that’s nothing to worry about.

Read more

If baby is gaining weight i dont think there is really a concern. In my previous pregnancy, i didnt gain weight and in fact lost weight. But i delivered my LO at 39wks. Currently im in my 13th week and i have dropped 7kg. Hb was concern so he asked gynae. But gynae told him nth to be worried, i just have more rm to grow

Read more

Its okay, as long baby is fine. I regret putting on so much weight thinking thats what baby need and then baby wasnt even big when born. But i became bigger instead😅🤣 as long as doc says baby is growing then shouldnt be concerned

Same here. I lost 2kg when I got pregnant. But only gain 1kg when I did 24 week. Baby was 700g, doctor said not to worry as long as baby is fine and healthy. You will start to gain more as baby grow bigger!

I take avocado + eggs for breakfast 3 times a week in 1st tri- gained 4kg in 3 weeks lol Anyway dr said ur baby is developing well, don’t worry too much😊😊 smooth and safe pregnancy to u!

I’m 23w too. Lost around 4kg. Gynae say our weight doesn’t matter as long as baby is growing healthier! :)

Hi Mummy, I think you need not worry if the baby is gaining weight and doc says everything is normal

as long baby is gaining weight and size is gd, dun need to worry abt yourself not gaining weight.