Which milk is preferred?

I’m currently 16 weeks pregnant and got my nausea slightly under control. I need to start drinking milk but don’t like it from before pregnancy. What type of milk should I drink? Any Brand’s to recommend and how about soya bean or flavoured milk. Please provide Brand’s. Thanks! ☺️

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am currently trying Nutura pregnancy formula (got it as a sample) and I think it is one of the more light-tasting formula milk. I have tried similac and enfamama (vanilla) and they are slightly sweeter than Nutura. If you neve rliked formula milk like me, I think Nutura should be quite acceptable for you!

Read more

It is not a must to drink milk although you need the calcium. I myself can’t drink milk because I’m lactose intolerant so I requested calcium supplement from my gynae instead. So if you don’t like milk, then just ask your gynae for calcium supplement, don’t need to force yourself to drink milk.

VIP Member

I don't like milk too. But since pregnancy I am drinking Anlene's chocolate flavored milk. They are high in calcium and flavor wise it's like Milo. I don't know if having flavoured milk is recommended but I can't stand the regular milk's taste. So I think something is better than nothing 😉

I've always hated milk even if it's flavoured😅 So I didn't drink any except for soy milk occasionally. Took calcium supplements, obimin and fish oil every day. Baby turns out healthy, even bigger than average.

I didn't really like maternity milk, so I stuck to fresh milk (meiji) and also chocolate milk (magnolia). To me chocolate milk was easier to take in, you can try!

3y ago

I always take my milk cold though. currently 29 weeks

3y ago

Thank u!

TapFluencer

I didn't like the maternal milk taste so I just grab pasteurised milk from the supermarket.

I don’t like the taste of maternal milk so I stuck to Meiji milk (original flavour).

I am drinking Bellamy, cos I can’t take the smell of prenatal supplements

I just drink soy milk with calcium, iron n fish oil supplement from gynae