Keep gaining weight

I’m at 9 weeks . Keep gaining weight even though I only eat salad and fruit? Anyone have idea what’s happening.. I eat salad with corn,crabstick, egg. Dressing is balsamic vinegar . Fruits I take banana , watermelon or honeydew. But cannot stop gaining weight. From week5 till now I’ve already gained 3kg…

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Personally I wouldn’t dare to take salad when pregnant, I think cooked food is safer for consumption. I ate salad and fruits when I wasn’t pregnant and gained weight instead. I also fell sick often. However, when I eat normally, one serving (or slightly lesser) of rice with meat and vegetables plus fruits at the end of the meal, I felt much healthier and I have lose weight since then. I asked my gynae for recommendations on food yesterday. For me, since I’m short (154cm) and small sized, he recommended me to take rice and noodles as per usual (don’t overeat) with my daily intake of vegetables and meat. No fried food, no oily food and no sweet stuff (like bubble tea). I’m not a nutritionist but for banana, I am more particular. Would recommend to only have it in the morning before some food, as it will be harder for your body to break down sugar if you have it later in the day. Perhaps you can ask your gynae if you are not sure.

Read more