average BM from pumping exclusively

I'm on 4th week postpartum, currently pumping every 2-3 hourly. total pump each time is about 100mls and baby is taking 80mls now. I'm worried it will soon be insufficient. not sure should I be worried and if 100mls for each pump session is considered low supply? each pump I try to pump 20 mins but I realised usually after the first 10 mins not much coming out. continued for another 10 mins as I heard this helps to stimulate and produce more. but have been doing so since a week ago but amount still the same. sometimes end of the day only able to get 70-80mls per pump. am aware there's no average as it varies for each person but how much do mummies get from each pump? TIA!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

That's the amt I got at 4 weeks also, but as I continue, my amt increased to 120 per 3 hours currently at 3 months, but I will need to pump a little more than 20 mins - as I get my 2nd let down only around 15-20mins, so I continue until around 25 minutes. And looking at my little one, his total milk amount doesn't actually increase much from 4 weeks to now. although he drinks more per session, his length of time increased (from 2-3h to 2.5h-4h) and he can sleep for longer periods at night -> he sometimes can go 9 hours without a feed. So his total intake remained the same. For all 3 months! I heard this would continue until 6 months, so just keep your supply intact and you should have enough i think.

Read more