Yeast infection suppository burns and itches!

I’m 37w pregnant now and a have history of getting recurring yeast infection even before pregnancy but gynae also mentioned it’s very normal to be prone to it during pregnancy. My gynae has been prescribing GYNO TRAVOGEN suppository throughout my entire pregnancy (probably happened 5-6x within 9 months) 😭😭😭 and this specific medicine always ITCHES me to death (like literal torture) minimum 48 hours and then a burning sensation follows 😭😭😭 I’ve told my gynae this but she mentioned it’s the only meds that works well so I just got to bear with it. I’ve tried to seek for alternate treatment with another gynae and it’s true the other suppository didn’t solve my problem 😭 I’m desperate for a treatment but at the same time don’t want to constantly itch and burn for days due to medication. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this please? Thank you.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

once told by my gynae that you may apply Greek yoghurt at your itch area or eat more yoghurt. you can go Watson and buy the TS6 feminine wash and then try not to wear panties for few days meaning air your area. if your husband wears a boxer, then wear that. I usually do that when I feel uncomfortable in the area. Hope it helps you.

Read more

does yr gynae gave u also the cream.. i too have itch but there is no smell at all.. just that when i eat seafood which is my favourite it will trigger so my gynae gave me travogen & zaricot to use.. and sometime might be the foods also trigger the itch too..

TapFluencer

hope the suggested treatments here can offer you some respite although ideally best to follow professional advice during your visits to the gynae... https://sg.theasianparent.com/yeast-infection-while-pregnant 🙏💕

Get cotton only type of underpants & breathable clothing so more ventilation for pp