Get A Helper Or Be A SAHM?

I'm 32 this year. I'm torn on whether I should leave my job to take care of my baby or get a Helper instead. Do you enjoy taking care of your child and watching them grow, or do you prefer to be financially stable(having your own money) since SG is not exactly cheap? And if you get a Helper, do you regret not having those times with your baby?

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Me too in dilemma about this for quite a long time. I enjoy taking care of my baby but infant care really takes up most of my time and I’ve not been able to take care of myself. Every time I’m in lounge wear at home or laundry piling up, cold lunch on the table and can only eat at around 3pm if the baby gets cranky. So after comparing helper, ifc and nanny, i decided to put her to a nanny. Husband wasn’t very happy at first but I finally found some time of my own and go back to work. I don’t earn much but I can have some money for my personal expense and I gain a bit “self value” in my life. But some people do enjoy being a SAHM, so it’s up to you, if you want to be one or go back to work and earn $$ a few more years. Whichever is right for you :-)

Read more
4y ago

i feel you. it’s scary being a SAHM and also working and missing out on baby’s milestones and growing up moments. however i like to be self-sufficient so i will need to go back work so i have my own money. all the best to u, i think u made the right decision and have struck a good balance between being a mum and independence.