I'm stress and depressed

I'm 23 weeks + 1 day pregnant. With a boy and a girl. I sometimes feels like need to be appreciated even though it's my duty as a wife and daughter in law in this house. I try to pleased everyone even though no one care or anything. But I don't everyone to say thank you to me. I just want my husband to appreciated my efforts when I do things while pregnant his twins. But he doesnt even care or anything. He say it's my duty as a wife. And daughter in law. Is it so wrong for me to feel appreciated even though it's my duty as a wife?

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

This sounds like a typical indian household to be honest but all Indians are like that. I'm an indian but my in laws and husband was very supportive during and after pregnancy. I think, you should talk to your husband and try to make him understand what you're feeling very valid and it's hard work house 2 babies in a tiny stomach. Show him some of the comments so maybe that will make him understand. I hope your husband soon makes effort to help you and understand you. Don't always try to please and do whatever in law or husband ask you to. Honestly, kind of makes me mad that, he said "it's your duty as a wife". What about his duty as a husband to take care of his pregnant wife and wife in general (tell him that). Just because you are a daughter in law and a wife doesn't mean you have to forget all about yourself, likes, dislikes and tiredness, YOU HAVE YOUR OWN LIFE AND YOU ARE A HUMAN BEING JUST LIKE THEM. Do what you like and enjoy. Show yourself some love and care. You will never get this pregnancy moments back with your twins again so enjoy it! You are beautiful both on the inside and outside. Have a safe pregnancy and delivery! Praying for healthy babies❤

Read more