Blood pressure

Hi, I'm 18 weeks into my pregnancy. Has anyone had problems with their high blood pressure being high? About 140+ and doctor prescribe medication. Just worried about the effect to the baby.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There’s pregnancy induced high blood pressure, with medication, it can be controlled and I suggest you listening to ur doc. There’s another more serious one which is pre eclampsia (which also have high blood pressure and other symptoms). I had pre eclampsia in wk34 and my bp went up to 140++. I didn’t have to take bp Med, but was warded 2 weeks and induce at wk36 bcos it’s very dangerous for me and the baby. I’m sure ur gynae will prescribe u pregnancy safe medicine and the pros and cons would have been weighed. Stay positive!

Read more

Try not to worry as much okay. Stress increases blood pressure. Just do what ur doctor advise you to and take more fruit and veg that are safe for preggies and lowers blood pressure. My friend had hbp baby came out fine , very smart and healthy. Keep monitoring maybe as it drops you don’t need the medication anymore.

Read more