Itchy spots on body

I'm 14 weeks now and I had developed alot of - not so sure what to call it, spots? hives? rashes? - developing on my body, esp my upper thighs, back, chest, and both my arms. It was really itchy when it developed like 2-3 weeks ago. Although its less itchy now, there are lots of it still on my body. Should I be worried? Any of you faced/are facing this? What did you do about it?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I recommend you see your Gynae too. Usually your gynae is equipped to deal with it as long as it’s at its early stage. Mine got so bad that my gynae had to refer me to a dermatologist and I was on MC the next 5 days. My skin also took almost 1 month to recover from the whole rash episode. However, my condition was not PUPP, but rather, pregnancy eczema.

Read more
3y ago

I was in my second trimester. If it’s really bad, you might want to see a dermatologist instead. My dermatologist was a life saver. She prescribed me some anti-histamine and topical steroids alongside with some moisturizers that really helped to stop the itch within a few days. However, I had to be patient and wait out for almost an entire month for my skin to clear up. Hope this helps!