If I'm staking fenugreek daily, and it lowers the blood sugar in my body, do I have to eat more sweet stuff?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fenugreek is known to reduce the blood glucose level within the body and raise the tolerance of glucose, so this makes it good for a diabetic patient. As a breastfeeding mommy though, if you are healthy and have no health issues per se, reckon there is no need to make any drastic changes to your diet; everything in moderation and keep yourself hydrated. Too much sugar is not good anyway -- breastfeeding or not -- so just eat enough to keep yourself healthy and most importantly, happy :)

Read more

If you have hypoglycemia, I think it is best to consult a doctor before taking this as it could lower your blood sugar level. Otherwise, if you follow the recommended dosage, it should be fine. But you can always have some sweets or mints in your bag in case you feel any discomfort. You may also want to consider other milk boosters like oats, green papaya fish soup, and lactation cookies. Just to name a few examples. Take care!!

Read more
8y ago

Thanks! Just that I've been snacking on more sweets and a bit worried lol