I went through natural birth 2 weeks ago and I still feel burning sensations on my wound. I would like to check how long does it take for the wound to recover?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It depends on the severity of your wound. The more severe the wound is, the more stitches you require and the longer it will take for your wound to heal. I had a first degree tear and a few stitches. I didn't take any painkillers and the pain was minimal. It was uncomfortable when I relieved myself, but I healed by the second week, at least on the outside. Do give yourself some more time to recover. It might take a few weeks. In the meantime, keep the area as clean and dry as possible. http://www.whattoexpect.com/first-year/perineal-tears/

Read more
Post reply image

The wound supposed to heal and no much pain within 1-2 week time. It could be an infection or the stitch has tore. Please visit your gynae to check. After delivered my no.1, I walked too much and my wound swollen and infected. I suffered pain more than a week. In the end I used epsom salt to wash my wound and healed completely.

Read more

the recovery would depends on how many stitches you have received. If uncomfortable, pls check with your gynae to follow up.

thanks