First appt at 10 weeks? too late or okay?

I went to polyclinic to get referral subsidised appt and was scheduled an appt when the pregnancy will be at 10-11weeks. Is that late or normal? Should I eat other supplements or just the 5mg Folic that was prescribed by the polyclinic dr for the next 3 mths?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Its fine dear, and just like you i went thru poly referral and my appt was around my 9/10 weeks cus i only realised i was pregnant by then. I didnt take any folic prior and only started on it when the poly doc prescribed it to me. As i had my following appts at kkh after that, the docs there prescribed me with other supplements.

Read more

It's better for your case just keep taking the folic acid before your appt, and stay safe and healthy. cause I only had mine first preg checkup done when I was already 14weeks 😓

4y ago

nope I didn't miss any scans except that I don't take the harmony test to see whether our baby has down syndrome.

VIP Member

Its okay. I had my first appt when i was abt 10weeks too! I only take folic acid before my appt and when doc asked just say you’ve been taking folic acids will do 😊

Super Mum

That’s fine:) If you’re eating a well balanced diet, just taking folic acid is fine.

TapFluencer

not late, timing is fine. Just eat the folic acid for now.

VIP Member

Not too late. My first apt was at 12 weeks