Help

I went to poly & gotten referral for NUH. My appointment won’t be anytime near - June. By the time the appointment comes, i would be around 13-14 weeks pregnant. Should i go poly & change to KK or wait for NUH? Is it safe to go on pregnancy without checkup for first trimester? This is my first hence im worried & unsure whats the best thing to do.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I had the same issue with NUH! I found out I was pregnant late. Like in my 10th week. Waited for my appointment date and by then was week 11. My first appointment was somewhere in June and that would have been at my 20th week! They told me to go to private clinic for my 1st trimester scans and wait till my appointment date. Or I could call every time to see if anyone canceled their appointment to get their slot. Because it’s so inconvenient and I had financial commitments, I changed my hospital to KKH. They gave me an appointment in my 12 week.

Read more

try to change hospital or even reschedule earlier date if possible by trying to call in often also.. because first trimester got a couple tests/scans need to be done to ensure smooth and safe pregnancy.. however, if they can't change for you then you have to take your folic acid diligently up yo week 12 first, and monitor any bleed (pinkish/red)

Read more
2y ago

Poly gave me folic acid. Thank you

Honestly. Subsidies appt are that long… For my first, i didnt want to wait so i went for private clinic. There, of course its good for a first time mom. Who is still learning abt our body, nutritions, dietician. Its diff education in private then in local hosp. :) Its a good investment for a first baby. 😊

Read more

if u decided to go KK , u can bring the letter given to you to KK . no need to go poly for new letter, it will b sub so long as u go letter from poly . I had my first appointment at pte clinic on week 6. best if you can see gynae at least by week 8 .

Read more

Me too, had the same issue. Got to know that I’m pregnant at 5-6 weeks but my first appt at NUH was when I was already 14 weeks. Well, this is my first pregnancy and some mummies said that it is normal to have to wait that long so I waited. So far, all good.

2y ago

This is so reassuring. Thank you

If you want to do Oscar or first trimester test, it has to be before 13.6 weeks then will be the most accurate. So yes, will suggest to change appt date and go to kkh.

Can try calling the hospital and let them know you need to do 1st tri check, whether they can shift your appt forward. I managed to do this, also subsidised

i had my 1st appt at 8 weeks. in my opiniom 1st trimester check is important .. to check your blood, your fetus, uterus and do the down syndrome checks .

Don’t save all these money. Go to private so waiting time is short. First trimester checks are the most crucial.

yes best to change date. it’s very impt to get the first trim check!