Natural,induce or c sect

Hi,I am Week 38,gynae says no dilation and baby too big for my size now,he is 3.2kg and I am quite petite size. So might recommend c sect depends on next week review. Coz if induced also might not be favourable. Any of u encounter this?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was in the exact same situation last Dec! My baby was even bigger, he was est 3.6kg at 38th wk and I wasnt dilated at all. My gynae also said it's not favourable to induce as my baby was still high up. He even advised us to have sex as semen will help to soften the cervix 😂 But even so, and doing squats, walk alot etc, I was barely 1cm dilated at 39th wk. We discussed with our gynae and didn't want to risk baby's shoulder dislocation or having complications so we made the last min decision to do elective csect at 39+2. He came out ti be 3.8kg. And it was a blessing in disguise tt I had csect as we saw tt baby had his cord ard his neck which cldnt be picked up by ultrasound. Anw don't worry so much abt csect! For me it was so smooth I felt as tho I didn't give birth. Super quick and the only thing I dreaded was the epidural injection (which of coz I wld have to go thru even for normal as I'm scared of pain). Not allowed to leave bed for the first 24 hrs but aft tt can move slowly to the toilet. Just pop painkillers and u won't feel csecr pain. My wound is almost invisible probably cz my my gynae is known to be good in his stitching and he prescribed me lots of anti-keloid cream to apply on the csect wound.

Read more