When to see a gynae?

I was tested positive today. Should i go see a gynae immediately or it is ok to wait for a couple more weeks?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can call your preferred gynae if you have one and arrange with them. When I tested positive and the clinic told me the gynae will usually see you 1 week after you tested positive, so I went to check 1 week later and I was 5 weeks into pregnancy at that time. If you can wait, wait till week 8 so that you can detect heartbeat etc. Can save some money too. Cos was my first pregnancy and not much advise so I ended up spending more in the first few weeks of pregnancy.

Read more

Congratulations! Best to book an appointment immediately & start to take folic acid. Usually, 8 weeks is the 1st appointment but may take some time to get a date. I got mine under subsidy when I was at 10 weeks pregnant and went straight for dating scan and 1 week later for nuchal translucency scan. If you want to be under subsidy, you can go to the polyclinic for a referral or go straight to your preferred hospital if you want to be a private patient.

Read more
Super Mum

Congrats! You can look around and decide on a gynae, then contact them now to book an appointment. It's up to them to give appointment time, they may ask you to come in immediately or wait a few weeks. It should be fine either way, but if you experience bleeding or pain you should go to hospital immediately.

Read more

I was having some abdominal cramps so the Dr ask me to go KK straight. They did a transvaginal scan and cannot find the sac. Went back 2 days later as the Dr worried that it might be an ectopic pregnancy. Finally saw the sac 2 days later n went for my 1st appointment about 3 weeks later.

Week 6, was arranged by KKH. You can call and they will arrange accordingly

Super Mum

u can call them and they will advise