NUH subsidized

Hello to NUH mummies.. May I know how much do mums at NUH subsidized pay for their antenatal appointments? Is it about $36++? how many scans do you get in total, are the scan prices also subsidized?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hello! Right now u dont need to pay cash cos all will be billed to your address but of course when the bill comes, you'll need to pay otherwise they'll keep sending you reminders. For your 1st ultrasound at the Fetal Care Centre will have to pay cash. If I'm not mistaken it's about $60 then subsequent scans will be billed to you. Depending on how your pregnancy is. Normal and healthy pregnancy will only get 4-5 scans throughout, and yes still billed under sub. Then you'll auto for the Maternity Package at around 20 weeks above. This time all will be paid via Medisave. Any excess will be refunded to you by cheque months after you gave birth. Got mine 8 mths after birth.

Read more

thanks for your reply! my first appt is at my 9th week.. is it right that there will be 3 more scans after that 12, 22 and 32 weeks? how does the maternity package work for subsidized patients?

3y ago

Yes but not everyone has the scans on the same weeks as you typed. Note that every pregnancy is different and unique so it depends when your gynae will send you for the scan. I had complications and I had more than 3 ultrasounds throughout my pregnancy. For the maternity package, you have to ask the staff. I didn't ask for it and yet it was reflected in my bill and I had excess so they gave me back in cheque. Also my first antenatal bill was about $60+ after subsidise then subsequent was roughly about $39+ not including ultrasounds which costs about $50-$60 per visit. All billed to address.

Can’t recall the exact breakdown. But rmb bill was below $100 per visit at clinic G. But never ever gotten $36 before. Taxes absorbed by Govt.