Considering to deliver in NUH

Hi mummies, I’m planning to deliver in NUH (as I have staff benefits). However I noticed their antenatal package only includes 2 scans (at 20 and 32 weeks) as compared to private gynae who will do scans every consultation. Am thinking of visiting the private gynae near my place, but deliver in NUH. When is the latest I should book an appt with NUH to prepare for delivery? Has any mummies done sth like this too? Or should I stick to NUH throughout? Thank you! #adviceappreciated #firsttimemom

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there! Congratulations on your pregnancy! It's great that you're considering your options for delivering in NUH. It's totally understandable to want the best care for you and your baby. Regarding your concerns about the antenatal package at NUH, it's important to weigh the pros and cons of both options. While private gynaes may offer more frequent scans, NUH is a reputable hospital with experienced staff and advanced facilities. If you have staff benefits there, it could also be more cost-effective for you. If you're considering visiting a private gynae for additional scans but still want to deliver in NUH, I would recommend discussing this with both the private gynae and NUH. They can provide guidance on the best approach for your specific situation. As for when to book an appointment with NUH, it's generally advisable to do so as early as possible. This allows you to establish a relationship with the healthcare team and ensure that everything is in place for a smooth delivery when the time comes. Ultimately, the decision is yours to make based on what makes you feel most comfortable and confident. Many mummies have chosen to mix public and private healthcare for their pregnancies, so you're not alone in considering this option. Wishing you all the best for your pregnancy journey! #adviceappreciated #firsttimemom https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more
4w ago

hello hello, chatgpt, this isn't answering the mummy's question. At least take a look at what's generated before posting ya.

Some gynaes at NUH use ultrasound machine in every appointment. Not detailed scans but enough for gynae to check