Bumpy car ride

I was on a bumpy car ride and carrying my 2 month old in my arm as I was bottle feeding him. And we go over a very huge hump causing us bounce and jerk up down quite hard. I was ensuring LO head was secure and it didn’t flop around, but I am still very worried that this will hurt his brain. Can anyone tell me that it will be alright?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If baby shows any signs of unusual lethargy or unresponsive, vomitting (not spit ups.. Imagine something like Merlion projectile vomitting), bring baby to doctor asap. However, to reiterate the point that another person has made, do not take baby out of the car seat to feed in the car. You can feed while baby is reclining in the car seat, and burp baby when you reach your destination. Been there, done that, children are absolutely fine with drinking milk while in the carseat and a slightly delayed burping session after the feed. There is increased risk of injury in car accident. I remember a report where the baby was flung out the car during a bad road accident where the mummy was holding baby to feed and baby died on the spot. Scared us enough that we all guai guai follow the rules after that.

Read more

I don’t think it’s that major to cause brain damage or injury as it will require a huge impact, but yes, best to get a car seat for baby’s safety. And do buy from authorised sellers from brands with certified authority certifications and not just any online seller, especially those selling China car seats

Read more
Super Mum

Yes baby will be alright:) It’s strongly recommended that you don’t carry your little one in the car though.. by Singapore laws, babies must be in car seats. You can feed baby while he’s the car seat:)

Super Mum

Do check baby for symptoms of concussion. But highly recommend to not feed baby in car

Noted and thanks mummies! Will definitely use a car seat after seeing your advices