how to get referral letter from polyclinic ?🤔

Hello! I want to get a referral to a hospital for my pregnancy. how to get referral letter from polyclinic ? Will they ask to do urine test. Or take any blood test or do anything? Or immediately give me a letter? Haha.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

First of all, congratulations! Yeah, tell them you tested positive so you want a referral letter. They’ll confirm your pregnancy through a urine test. They’ll also roughly gauge how far along are you. So you’ll need to tell them when was the first day of your last menstrual period. Try your best to give an exact date. All these will be in the notes of the referral letter. # how to get referral letter from polyclinic If you think you’re about less than 6 weeks, I suggest you to wait it out till about 8 weeks or so cause anything lesser than that will have a lower chance of seeing the baby via ultrasound at KKH. You’ll probably get an appt at KKH about 1-2 weeks after your poly visit. You can also save by waiting it out otherwise they’ll ask you to come back to scan again if they can’t detect much. Which I felt was a waste of money for my first time as I was only 5w 4d when they scanned me. It was just a tiny little bubble. Some mummies couldn’t detect their sac or yolk sac at all less than 8 weeks. For me, I was told to come back again and my EDD changed.

Read more
4y ago

So you came in again at which week? Straight away do ultrasound? Because i wanna wait till i am 12 weeks to go so that i can jump straight to ultrasound and skip the tranvaginal scan as i am scared.

For me i took two pregnancy test and wasnt convince that i was pregnant so i went to polyclinic to confirm again.All i need was to explain and took some urine test and then get a referral letter for KKH.KKH or other hospital will then text you the appointment date the next few days # how to get referral letter from polyclinic

Read more

for me, i had my pregnancy confirmed w a kit so i didnt have to take urine test at the polyclinic. i just told the doctor that i would like a referral letter to my preferred hospital and yeah they gave me 1 week later appt to the kkh # how to get referral letter from polyclinic

4y ago

nope. i bought from 7-11 normal pregnancy kit.

TapFluencer

Need to do urine test to cfm pregnancy. After that they will refer u to the hospital u want and at same time prescribed u some folic acid. # how to get referral letter from polyclinic

Super Mum

Go to the polyclinic.. they’ll probably get you to do the urine test to confirm, then refer you:) # how to get referral letter from polyclinic

VIP Member

They will ask u to do urine test then get a referral letter to your preferred hospital. # how to get referral letter from polyclinic

They will take urine test to confirm the pregnancy before referral # how to get referral letter from polyclinic

they will take urine test and referral you to hospital # how to get referral letter from polyclinic