Everything is according to baby’s preference?

I just want to find out is it really true that everything that we buy for baby all boils down to baby’s preference? I keep hearing mummies saying milk bottles, baby stroller, baby carrier, baby cot and the list goes on .... all depends on whether baby likes it. If baby don’t like then you have to change it. Is it really true? Or am I the only one thinking that mummies are spoiling babies? How will babies know that there is other choice if let’s say there is only one? Take for instance when we were young I don’t think our parents have much choice of the different brands and there wasn’t even a wide selection.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My personal opinion here.. I think it’s true for milk bottles. But not the rest. For bottles, after trying for hours and days and weeks to literally force baby to drink milk from a certain bottle, I think I can definitely say that babies do reject certain bottle teats and accept some others more easily. For baby cots, it’s usually not the specific cot that’s the problem. Some babies just are easily frightened and insecure and have to be trained to sleep in the cot (away from mummy and daddy). Both my kids had to be sleep trained, but now they rock at it. Haha. Joy to the world, indeed! 😂 Strollers and carriers etc are really up to you too. Buy what you want. At the end of the day, though, there’s no judging of any parent in their choices. They want what’s best for their babies too:) My own personal policy is to spend more on what’s important and to buy cheaper alternatives on what doesn’t matter so much, so that I don’t have to worry so much about financial strain. I feel no shame in buying cheap toys, clothes, books, etc, because their qualities are actually good enough, and my children are growing up well.

Read more
4y ago

Exactly!