pantang parents to be?

hi all. i am not so much of a believer when it comes to supersitution. but i came across an online post saying that we shouldnt buy baby products (etc. bed. stroller...) before baby is born. is it true and should i believe it. when it comes to baby i wanna play safe. but i am feeling really skeptical :/

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm.. think it’s a myth... I also very cautious during pregnancy but never heard of buying baby products before baby was born.. We bought many baby products and cot(given by friend) to get the house ready for baby arrival. She was born healthy at 40w+1. However follow your heart, whichever makes you comfortable is most important, so that you can relax and enjoy the pregnancy.

Read more

I will also try my best to follow as much advise and be really cautious when come to my baby. But I had never heard of cannot buy baby products before baby was born. I did buy many baby products during my pregnancy and nothing happen. But if you are really afraid maybe you can follow by not getting any baby products before the birth of your baby.

Read more

I am 34 weeks now and I have not bought anything for my baby because of this pantang which my grandma strictly follows. But everything is either in my shopping cart or I have gone down to the shops to take a look at strollet and cots. Once baby is out, my hubby will know what to get already haha

VIP Member

I think it's not before baby born, but safer to buy after 3rd trimester. If you didn't buy anything before the baby born, e.g baby cot, then when baby is born where the baby will sleep? how to bring the baby home from the hospital 😄

TapFluencer

It’s not a matter of superstition but a matter of practicality. So buy the basics to ensure your baby has things to wear and use. How can you buy things after baby is born? What will baby use when you get home?

Nw it's time You need to buy some baby clothes blanket mattress and nursing cloth and don't believe such things and make your hospital bag ready

VIP Member

You should take the pantang or superstitious guides with a pinch of salt. Maybe you can place order first and request for delivery after the baby is born