High risk of diabetes as I'm currently expecting

As I am under 6week currently as doctor told me I down with high risk of my pregnancy I just want to know more should I keep or abort?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i think u need to discuss it with your husband and your gynae about your condition... for diabetes actually its quite common in pregnancy... i also have gestational diabetes after I took glucose drink... it's turn out I failed to pass the test, and my diabetes is really high, so the doctor and nurse arranged me to meet dietitian, nurse for diabetic and also diabetes doctor... so for the last almost 3 months of my pregnancy, I did diet as told by my dietition, I checked my blood sugar level 7x a day, I injected insulin 3x a day on my stomach, report everything that I ate and blood sugar level every Monday and Thursday... those time was really hard... sometime there were certain food your body just didn't accept and made your blood sugar level high... but we don't need to stress about the number, just focus on eating healthy, avoid sugary food and drink, eat as told by dietition also the portion is very important, everyone body is different and will react differently for the certain food even it's healthy food and good for diabetic... by the time the baby getting bigger, your blood sugar also level up, so the doctor also need to adjust the insulin dose for you based on your blood sugar level, so all the team will watch out your daily condition... I also having high blood pressure through out my pregnancy, I took the medicine 4 times a day, need to monitor my BP every morning and report it to my gynae, thanks god it's been stable after I got the medicine... so this was my first pregnancy... and I was having high risk pregnancy also, as having GDM and High BP... and I have induced for the delivery because my doctor said my pregnancy cannot more than 38weeks as we have so many concern and risk.. now my baby 3months and 2 weeks, perfectly healthy, normal delivery, born 2.9kg, and I'm also lose weight while pregnant as I can't eat much bcos GDM... if u want to keep your baby, the doctor team will always have option to help u, but yeah it's hard but it's worth... after I delivered my baby, my diabetes and high blood pressure is gone, but still need to checkup and meet the doctor...

Read more

Pertaining keeping/aborting, it should be discuss with your spouse with consultation from your gynae/doctor that's professional to advice on the right decision to made for your pregnancy. Everyone will face health issues through pregnancy be it minor/major. However, end day whether we push through the journey or do we decide to terminate early in order to avoid suffering/complications. You may wish to also look into other platforms where other mummies face the same health risk like you but has a successful birth journey.

Read more

Gestational diabetes is a pretty common condition to have during pregnancy and can be controlled via diet. Moreover you are said to be at high risk of gestational diabetes and not diagnosed with it at this point, it’s not 100% that you’ll get it. As long as you watch your intake of sugar while pregnant you can minimise this risk. Unless there are other medical complications involved that were not mentioned? Do check with your gynae on his/her recommendations.

Read more
VIP Member

High risk doesn’t need to abort. If it is not right , your body will reject itself. Wait for doctor’s recommendations. If it does need to terminate, dr will advise you and let you choose the method. Mean while diabetes can be controlled by diet.

I have type 2 diabetes and currently pregnant (6 weeks). It’s considered high risk but I’m confident that with diet changes and regular consultation, I can manage it.

1y ago

how am I going to do it as I try my best to stop eating sugary stuffs but yet I still have to jab insulin 😭

High blood sugar levels early in the pregnancy (before 13 weeks) can cause birth defects. However, it's best to consult your doctor rather than read up online.

i think you should start being strict with your diet for the sake of your own health and the baby's too. :)