Gestational Diabetes During Pregnancy

Hi, can i know any mummies has similar issue as me? I was told that i have this gestational diabetes after my glucose test. The range of the result is not much of a difference. But hospital requires me to attend zoom or even meet the nurse to know more on this issue. As i am heavily pregnant 7 months plus i am feeling soo fatigue already plus i dont wish them to stress me out on this as its not high. Anyone have this issue? Isit a must to attend or do all this? 😭😞

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Not sure about attending zoom or smth but i know prev my fren at tmc also had to listen to some talk or smth. For mine, first preg my gynae alr refer me to endocrine n suspected i am not GDM but diabetic. Anyway in either case, i am now in my 2nd pregnancy and cing my endocrine mthly (smtimes longer). Its just pricking pricking pricking, monitor glucose spikes n etc. dun worry too much just control diet

Read more

Yeah I just passed that phase. getting diagnosed at 20th week for GDM. I chose the dietician consultation and meeting the nurse ftf. Had to prick and monitor 7 times a day, twice a week and cut my carbs intake. Now on my 32nd week last week, doctor cleared me partially from gdm due to good reading. just gotta monitor my glucose another 1 time a week instead. BB is 2.3kg, still big but manageable.

Read more

I’ve been diagnosed too and have been monitoring my glucose level close to a month already, I think it depends on your choice. There’s definitely risk in gestational diabetes and it would be good to find out more. I controlled my diet (very tough) but at the same time I understood my body and diet better which can minimise the risk which comes with GD.

Read more