I can't decide what type of insurance to get. Which is better: PruLife, Sun Life, or Manulife? If there are any Pinoy insurance companies you know of, I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

The 3 companies you mentioned are all top players in the insurance industry and they all have proven track record. I have worked in the insurance industry way back 2010, and if your question is what type of insurance to get, I guess what you have to look into is what each company can offer. Insurance companies are pushing for Variable Life (VUL) these days. Though some still opt for Traditional Life insurance. There are several options to put your funds for VUL - equity, balanced funds, etc (check with Insurance company of choice). I also suggest to sit down with a trusted agent who can lay all the cards to you. Let the agent know what are your priorities and how much is the amount involved so the agent can recommend the best plan that suits your needs. No doubt, it is a good investment that's why I would always recommend that you consider the agent whom you'll be dealing with as he/she will be the one to assist you all throughout your contract. Make sure the agent understands your needs, priorities and budget.

Magbasa pa

I was affiliated with 2 different insurance companies but I won't recommend a specific company. My suggestion is for you to check out what they have to offer and look for a trusted financial advisor. Through this, you'll be able to gauge what works for you best. It's not always about the name company, you also have to consider the plans, pros & cons if you sign up for a certain plan/company, current standing and net worth.

Magbasa pa

Sun Life :) Most of my relatives and my officemates from my work before have insurances with SunLife. I never heard of a negative feedback from them. They say they chose Sun Life because it has proven itself to be very reliable through years and it already is a well established firm in the industry. I, too, plan to get an insurance from Sun Life. :)

Magbasa pa

Hi bianca! These 3 insurance companies you mentioned are top players in the country. i have Prulife and Sunlife policies for me and my family. What's important is that the advisor you talk to, is able to provide and answer all your inquiries, sincere and focused on your needs as a client.

We chose Sun Life. Aside from being one of the top players in the insurance industry, one of our deciding factor is we have to have a personal relationship with the agent. We were able to discuss freely our financial goals and which product would best suit us.

Depends on what you need. It helps if you find an agent who is really helpful and concerned.

Definitely Sun Life.

Sun life :)