suffering with GD

i am struggling with GD initially i can control it but now with 33 weeks pregnant. No matter how healthy i try to eat my sugar level so high even worse when i super stress. I get emotional and starting crying is been very stressful pregancy

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, sending some encouragement over to you. Did the doctor recommend you to see a dietician? Not sure what is your diet like, but when I was first diagnosed with diabetes, I had a hard time too. It’s been 2 years and I am expecting my first child. I still get frustrated that I have to put so much thought just to buy a meal or cook a meal to keep the glucose levels down. I learnt that some food that we think are healthy may not necessarily be healthy. For example, oats would generally be recommended for diabetics. But it was only 2 years after I was diagnosed with diabetes and I have to control my glucose even more for my baby that I decided to research. And i found out that INSTANT OATS ARE NOT HEALTHY. Because they are instant, they are precooked so that it’s fast to cook. And because of that, the glycemic index is high, thus leading to high glucose. But other forms of oats are okay. Rolled oats are okay just not instant oats of any form.

Read more
2y ago

I know it’s hard. I totally get you. I choose to see the past 2 years as a diabetic a blessing in disguise that I cried so much before I had a baby. Now that I carry a baby in me, I remind myself that crying will affect my baby’s emotional development and tell myself that the difficulty in controlling my diet is all for the good of me and my baby’s future. I dont want my baby to be a diabetic like me and if I am able to gain all these knowledge now, I can even educate my child next time for my child to grow up to make better choices of his/her own. Hope you’ll feel better soon. 💪🏻