Will our BM end?

Hi! I just starting pumping recently and i was wondering when will our BM stop producing or will it be more as i keep pumping? Also do recommend me any brand of nipple cream or wipes that i can use after i direct BF or pump. Thanks!

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

BM will stop gradually when u stop pumping and breastfeeding. If u want more supply, keep pumping and nursing baby. Breastfeeding is more ideal as it not only signals the brain tt milk needs to be replenished but ur body will be able to produce the right amount of nutrients, antibodies etc for ur baby. Tt's why it is said tt if ur baby is sick, keep breastfeeding him/her. If u want more supply, u can add galactagogues in ur diet. Red dates, flax seed, moringa leaves are just some of the food tt can help to increase supply. Some ppl wld also eat lactation bakes but personally for me it doesn't really work and instead made me gain weight as the cookies usually taste good😅. U can also try supplements frm Legendairy Milk too. It takes a little bit of trial and error though as u need to try each supplement for abt 1-2 weeks to see which supplement is the best in increasing ur supply. Personally I'm taking Lecithin to avoid plugged ducts and Cashcow to enrich my milk. If u pump, u can do 'power pumping' once or twice a day (pump 20 min, rest 10 min, pump 10 min, rest 10 min, pump 10 min). End off with some hand expression. For nipple cream I occasionally use Earthmama as it's organic.

Read more