Really Need A Break

Do I sound unreasonable by probably hitting a bar or club and have some drinks while partying for a night? I really really really need a break! But I feel guilty if I were to let my hubby take care of our baby in the night while he needs to work the next morning. But I really need a drink and a fun atmosphere! (not breastfeeding anymore) Should I go? My baby is 2 months old now. Or should I wait till when my baby can sleep through the night? But I feel that anytime I may go berserk

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Of course it's OK to take a break, we are all entitled to that but I don't think partying and drinking are the best thing to do even if you're not breastfeeding. Think of the hangover. Think of coming back home intoxicated around your baby. Don't mean to sound judgy but it doesn't sound like what a married woman with a young baby should do. If you want to pamper yourself, go get a massage or a spa, a facial, something that will leave you refreshed and in a good state. Drinking is the complete opposite.

Read more

aww mummy. i understand you. im only 1mo pp and alr feel like gg berserk also. you dont sound unreasonable ok?! we, mummies, also deserve our 'me time'. if you're gg for some drinks and party, maybe choose a day where your husband is not working the next day so he can help to take care of baby. try talking to him abt it. im sure he'll understand :) and dont get drunk too hahaha you still have mummy duties the day after the partying😂

Read more

I think you need to talk to your husband about how you feel. I think you need a break too, but somehow bar/club sounds like an “short term escape” and not a “Long term solution”. What if the feeling of needing a break become more frequent, are u gg to hit the bar every time when the feeling come? Talk to ur hubby and see if u can work something out .

Read more

No you definitely aren’t. But do let your hubby know about it, and if you want to have a GNO do it on a Friday night so your hubby won’t have to dread for work the next day. I do have my own GNO once in a while and I’m thankful my hubby is very understanding about this, and he knows I need a break sometimes, vice versa

Read more

Its good to take a break once a while. Perhaps you can try to do it on the night before his rest day? So at least he can rest more the next day. I suggest you talk to husband about how you feel. He might not be able to help much but at least he knows that you need a break :)

You need a break, my LO is 2 months old and there were times she drove me crazy. I did went out with my friends to have a dinner while my husband stayed home to take care of the baby (as I am still breastfeeding)

Don't feel bad. U need a break then talk to your husband. You can go on a Friday night if he is not working on sat. Since you are not bf then is fine to drink a little but not drunk ya..

I guess u deserve a break, but honestly, is it safe to go out to crowded places with the virus circulating around now?

TapFluencer

I went ahead for a chill night with my girls my hub was so glad cos he know we deserve a break haha.

TapFluencer

mental health is important too. take a short break?