i realised my 3mths old baby is tending to keep twisting his body and stretches himself at this stage now, how can i encourage or teach my baby to learn how to flip successfully?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Baby’s gross motor skills all develop at different paces. So first of all, let your baby determine when he’s ready. Of course you can facilitate the process. Be sure to remove any obstacles that might interfere with his try-outs. Are tight clothes an obstacle? Is the surface preventing him from flipping sides? Etc.

Read more
8y ago

thanks for sharing. my baby boy has successfully flipped during the weekends.

VIP Member

I give my baby a help. I will help him turn and lay down for tummy time. No1, i let it naturally, hence everything is slow. No2, i give a helping hand, he is learning everything fast. Just be gentle, it's like when you lay down and carried him and turn over for tummy time on you. (It's about the same)

Read more
8y ago

With*

he will do so naturally. don't try anything. this is a learning phase. let him learn.

8y ago

no. they still have fragile bone structure. what may be a gentle nudge can be quite strenuous to him to take. again I stress that it's a natural process. he will turn on his own