Is I can read program that good for phonics?I find their prices are the most expensive out of so many program. It is $500+ for both week days and weekends . Is it really worth to give it a try?or is there other good phonics program which are more affordable ? I am residing in Yishun .

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just simply because a child attend an enrichment class would not bring drastic changes. Enrichment class of 1.30 hour a week alone would not suffice to enrich a kid. Parents should follow up what was taught in last class and should put efforts to read the lessons to kid and narrate the stories in a funny way. Kids should read the lessons to parents atleast six times before they go to next class. Parents can bring in additional enrichments by teaching synonyms, antonyms, simple grammars like using appropriate tense while teaching a class lesson to kid. I felt this approach really worked to my five years old kid. No point in sending to English enrichment while you still keep conversing with your kid in Singlish. Always remind him to not to practice Singlish.

Read more